Saturday 16 April 2011

Between races

No racing this weekend or last. Last weekend I was mean to do 2 long rides in zone 2. Saturday was perfect for it but I managed to misplace my keys in the warzone that is my living room so couldn't get my bike out of the inspiration behind Fort Knox that is my shed! Instead I decided to pick up brownie points by being Emma's groom and official photographer at her first event on her new horse. She managed to pick up some sponsorship from Bluechip horse food for the season and justified it by comming 5th. I heard that a certain brand of artificial tasting energy drinks has started to branch out into the equestrian market so maybe that's a potential new direction for Bikefood too!

Fortunately i found my keys intime for a ride on Sunday so I went out for a 50mile road ride on the MTB. Stamina wasn't great and I started to feel it towards then end but other than that it was another pain free ride!

Today I borrowed a roadbike and did another 45 miles at zone 2. Definately starting to feel more comfortable on longer rides now. Felt good to be out in the sun again. No Dalby for me because I am not ready for expert racing yet and I'm not going back to Open and driving 4 hours for the pleasure!

In London tonight for a friends birthday so going to do my best to undo all the recent training!

Good luck to everyone at Dalby tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment