Wednesday 9 March 2011

Another quiet week

Another week and another outing on a real bike. Admittedly the outing was pretty gentle this week because Emma fancied joining me. While she is certainly no porker, and probably quite fit considering she classes riding a horse as exercise, she is no racing snake either. We did about an hour and a half before heading home with the only drama being my front brake rotor doing its best to free its self from the hub while also taking a big gouge out of the bottom of my fork. I have been keeping up the daily turbo sessions and tonight will hail the first structured training session. I have attached the plan for the hour to this post so you can see what I will be doing! Ill also start using my Garmin to record what my heart rate is doing during these structured sessions.
doc

More importantly than this, one more week gone means I am one more week closer to the first race up at Sherwood Pines. While I have no real idea how fit I will be until I am struggling from breath half way through the race I am starting to feel optimistic. On the hills of Oxfordshire I have felt pretty comfortable and strong and I know there are no hills at Sherwood. This weekend, all being well, I am hoping to meet up with my regular Saturday crowd for at least an hour to see how I cope with the extra pace. I don’t want to speak too soon but hopefully I will have my new road bike by then so I will be itching to get out on it!

In just over a week from now I will be driving out to the Chamonix valley for my annual ‘Ski’ trip. Unfortunately, snow base activities are definitely off the menu but I have been quite encouraged by the weather forecasts I have seen. The words being used are ‘mild’ and ‘spring’ and the forecast looks pretty free of show so I’m still hoping I can hire a bike for a day and get some hills under my belt!

In addition to all of this the forums have being buzzing over news that the team will be receiving their shiny new Pronghorn frames in the next week or so. I am unbelievably jeallous and I think I will be the only team rider not on a Pronghorn this season. Keep an eye out for the guys on the trail. These bikes look stunning in the flesh as you will soon see!

No comments:

Post a Comment