Sunday 27 February 2011

Hardnutz

This week I received my new Hardnutz helmet. The first thing you will notice is it is bright orange in the same way as a workman’s jacket is. This may put a few potential buyers off but considering what I have been through in the last 4 months I am grateful for anything that will help unobservant driver see me! I would go as far as to say this helmet is a must for anyone who commutes in the dark, through cities, or actually anyone who rides a bike on the road.... ever! Just in case the bright orange doesn’t get you noticed, there are also a load of 3m reflective strips. If orange isnt your thing they do a range of other designs, although most of them are still pretty 'loud'!

I stuck the helmet on the scales and comes up as 251g. For reference my Specialized 2D I used last year weighs 238 for the medium. There are a total of 19 vents which should hopefully keep my head warm on that single hot summer’s day we get each year. Obviously I wasn’t interested in that this weekend when I gave it its first outing. The ratchet fitting system is simple but effective to the point where the straps are almost unnecessary.

I am looking forward to the team’s partnership with Hardnutz and having an input in future models and refinement of their current designs.

If you want to have a closer look at these helmets come and find any of the team at races. It definitely won’t be hard to spot us! Otherwise take a look on the Hardnutz website for more details and stockists.

No comments:

Post a Comment