Sunday 20 February 2011

Anticipation

Well, as in my previous post, from a distance it would appear not much has happened in my little world! I am still confined to the turbo, and I am still not hitting the power training. However, for me, the improvements are definitely noticeable and I am starting to feel the excitement of the start of the racing season. I have now notched up a couple of 45 minute sessions on the turbo, and my back has felt pretty comfortable during those workouts. I am still concentrating on the high cadence stuff because I don’t want to put too much strain through my still-recovering muscles. Hopefully today I will be able to knock out a solid hour on the bike so I am steadily approaching race distanced.


I have had what I hope will be my last physio session and have been told I can do most things as normal. I still get quite a bit of pain during a normal day but my movement and flexibility has definitely improved. The main problem I have now is spasming muscles after prolonged standing which can get pretty painful.


I entered the first BMBS at Sherwood pines this week so it doesn’t feel too far away now. I have only entered the open class which might sound a bit like pot hunting but it will be unchartered waters so I didn’t want to do the full 4 laps of Expert. I inquired about entering Sport but was told I I couldn’t do that with an Expert license. I also didn’t want to start Expert and plan to drop out after 2 laps because the temptation to push too hard and try to finish the 4 laps would be too great. As it is I will have 2 laps to catch as many Vets and Masters as possible. My aim for the race will just be to get to the end without feeling any consequences.


Hopefully next weekend I will try to get out on a real bike for a gentle ride so I am looking forward to that! Until then, its watching the track world cup on TV and spinning away in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment